PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair is downsizing
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2008, 06:38
D SQDRN 97th IOTC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA pilots went on strike earlier this year...because they feared BA's long term strategy for finding pilots for their "cheap" transatlantic operations didn't involve many Nigels......but more Manuels.
So the writing was on the wall that the UK would become less and less of a source of pilots for the commercial aviation market.
It is not a secret that Cabair have lost a few commercial contracts over the last couple of years either....

Can't say my heart bleads for the FIs on the general aviation side.
I went for a trial rotary "lesson" up there a year or so ago...and met a FI who completely put me off saying any good about Cabair.

Fixed wing aircraft have a slight nose down attitude in S&L flight, he told me in the pre-flight briefing. (It was a 60+60 present.)
But Rotaries have a slight nose up attitude in S&L flight.
"Why was that?" I asked
"I am not here to answer your questions.....", he replied.
So that made for a very quick 15 minute briefing.......and the flight? Well, it was in an R22, and lasted about 45 minutes. So much for a 60 + 60.

Not all the FIs at Cabair are bad.......but the management does allow some FIs with what I call "poor attention to customer satisfaction" through the door. Hopefully it will be these that are shown the door.