PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2008, 08:22
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Ozzies , always make Sydney out to be such a busy airport. even arrogantly thinking it comes close to Chicago or Heathrow.
PRM approaches , no place to park , bla bla

" Oh God forbid another A320 into Sydney , how will we cope.The infrastructure just cannot cope. Our controllers , ramp agents and fire services are just stretched to the max. Oh we better devise a new rule or procedure to accomodate it. I know dual independant PRM , slot controlled , PRNAV , Airbus only , CASA trained and ASA approved pilots only" ( thats just to start while we can think of some more rules and procedures)

Its a small town airport compared to the real world , get some perspective Australia . Embrace growth , encourage development and cut the beauracratic mediocrity.

Best said by a retiring UAL 744 Captain a few years ago , " Ah Sydney centre United --- , Its my last flight today and I just want to thank you for all the years of service throughout my career. You are definately the second best controllers in the world"

Sydney ATC, " Thanks Mate , just out of interest who,s the best ? "

UAL Captain , " everybody else"

NO offence to those that support the wallabies ( second best rugby team in the world)