PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Green PR/SFO Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2008, 07:16
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueSky

I am talking about EK FltOps flight watch. They have ACARS and constant ATIS and windows to look outside. After having planned the flight, checked TAF, Notam etc and made our fuel choice, inflight we do follow up on WX, but not every hour on the hour (would cost the company too much on ACARS.....). When the forecast of home base inexpectedly changes, FltOps sees it first and could send out an alert to all incoming. This enables early fuel checks and considerations which would then avoid hectic talk on CompFreq when everyone piles up at Desdi/Bubin. Same goes with SHJ,RAK,AAL,FJR,MCT availability. These airports fill up quick and then pose some problems with replanning, if you have to divert, "req clr to ..., not accepted due to full tarmac." If this is known early, we can replan, or FltOps can even start to redistribute. FltOps do have landlines and hopefully the numbers of mentioned airports!

If we play the game and come home with min fuel, some even below GCAA min req, then at least we need good flight watch and assistance. Otherwise the reseve du patron will come back quite rapidly. I don't think too many of us like to call PAN and explain to the upper m........, why we landed below min res.

That's what I was talking about, not rocket science.