PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Knowing your seat...
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2008, 06:41
belliott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I may I would like to add something from my own perspective... I have been very fortunate in my career and at the same time very unfortunate. I have sat in both seats of the aircraft and I am only 25.... I understand and can relate to everything that has been mentioned here thus far.

TruBru... I have always been lead to believe that the CA is the person to set the "tone" or attitude under which work/flying will take place... needless to say I have experienced the best and worst.... I have smiled & laughed my way from gear up to gear down as well as saying nothing outside of the book until cruise...
The most important thing I know is that the CA must always maintain control of setting the tone.
I find it discouraging that your FO is asking non-pertinent questions at 1500 ft...... take back your right to control the attitude in which you work in the cockpit..... a verbal lashing and embarrassment is good medicine for cockiness... I should know I have had plenty.
You may dismiss all of this if you feel that my age or lack of "experience" deems me naive.
Good luck Tru and keep it safe Bru!