PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Polar
Thread: Atlas Polar
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 20:25
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dumbdumb
-- now you want to threaten those of us that voted ALPA????

Seems to me this is one reply that needs to be documented to prove that it's unsafe to operate with you guys. I feel threatened and can't operate an aircraft safely if I'm always watching my back because I voted ALPA.

Maybe I voted a different way in our United States Election, too. Should I be watching my back on the street.

I think it's time for your nap and you need a time out. Oh and you're grounded, too. GROW UP!
It would be more fitting to be worried about the Polar guys threatening you or those in your group for voting IBT.

Polar is the one with the history of forming illegal lists for intimidation such as "the snake list", "the scab list" and others. The illegal scab list was even adjudicated because of Polars behavior with an alternative dispute finding by ALPA (Link located mid page here in PDF with ADR findings). The evidence was so strong, the judgement was in favor of the Atlas group even with ALPA President Prater in Polar's back pocket.

Having said that, the Polar crewmembers should feel safe in voting for IBT along with the Atlas guys. The election is done by the NMB and neither side gets to look at who voted for who. The individuals are only looked at when there is a dispute on if the person is qualified to vote under the rules.

Last edited by nitty-gritty; 14th Dec 2008 at 00:25.