PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Ryanair no longer hiring former employees?
Old 13th Dec 2008, 18:32
Day_Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just read your post
Yes I agree with the following.

That aircraft are being parked up.
That Ryanair are over crewed.
That F/O's are getting forced unpaid leave.
That Ryanair employ such tactics as leaving higher paid pilots at home while trainees fly.

Answers :-
Aircraft parked up, good economic sense especially as they were so cheap to buy.
Over crewed only during the winter months while aircraft are parked up, becoming Under crewed when new equipment arrives.
It pays to keep crews trained and current and available when needed.
Forced leave in times of lower workload means nothing in RYR, you are not working so its better to have you on leave free from duty than on Contactable or Standby when they know you will not be needed.
Again the Hours will balance over a full year so no loss to the majority on either a RYR or Brookfield contract. At least RYR get a yearly basic.
The cheaper crews on a Brookfield contract will just have to wait a month or so to get back to the average monthly hours.

Good economic sense to use those on lower rates more than the higher, as the money earned will be basically the same for all.

Greed seems to rule your ego, i.e. why should i earn less this year than last
Answer You signed the contract and accepted the terms.
The contract did not state you would fly a minimum number of hours each year.
It is better to share the work out evenly throughout the year than have some earning big bucks and others much less.
I am willing to bet at the end of 12 months the F/O's will be in the region of 800 to 850 hours regardless.
Or do you want the lions share and sod the others. (Probably your one of those ME and only ME type of people)

Planned recruitment for 2009 has started with the holding pool already filling up, if there is to be a downturn they will not be taken on but i feel sure that the courses will be full when they start again in 2009.

RYR Management have sense and the Airline will survive especially as oil is $46 per barrel.
Finally the deal on new aircraft was one of the industries most innovative and I am sure that the cost to RYR is well below market rates and will remain so for several years to come.