PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting non-JAA (Including FAA) license to JAA licence
Old 13th Dec 2008, 17:17
VeeAny

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
In fairness Vital I don't believe your school had unreasonable demands, particularly for newly qualified pilots coming back to UK airspace and UK RT.

I was just pointing out what I believe to be the legal minimums, I think some schools try it on, to extract more cash, for some people going over the top may not be appropriate and its handy to know what you can do ?

I'd be interested to know if any insurance companies have said JAA licence only, or if companies have negotiatied discounts by specifying it, or if some say its that way to get their way.

I don't see what the problem is with individual schools having their own requirements for solo hire, the aircraft is after all their responsibility, I just think it inappropriate when they tell the customer its a legal requirement when it isn't and that then gets perpertuated as gospel, particularly when some of the people concerned go on to be instructors and believe these things themselves.