PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happens within NATS after the pension results are in??
Old 13th Dec 2008, 15:04
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit off topic, but please follow through

This is a bit off topic, but I thought that whilst we are whingeing about pensions or pay and conditions (and I am one of those whingers), it was worth taking stock of what we have and count ourselves lucky.

To that end I'd like to bring your attention the following which is running on the military forum.
In short it's about a guy who at 23 has been given a year to live due cancer - this after he had sucessfully beaten it as a kid and after numerous operations.

Instead of giving up, he is doing a coast to coast walk to raise money for his hospice - his initial target has been smashed and he is now trying to reach £40k.

Try to donate something, or if you can't, at the very least give up a little bit of your time to read about him - it really does knock pension caps or scheme closures into touch.

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...s-son-tom.html

to donate or just to read his daily walk diary:

Justgiving - Making a molehill out of some mountains

Donating takes 2 minutes if you are not already registered with 'Just Giving', less if you are - and if you are a UK resident you can stick 2 fingers up at HMRC by selecting Gift Aid to stop HMG from taking tax - a good reason to donate in itself