PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 04:11
nibbio86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I don't know if I can help, but there it is my little experience. I'm working in the bush as well flying 206s and 210s but in northern Australia, not in Africa. The deserts are here too and the zone is highly unpopulated (an area with a surface bigger than Germany but with only 30,000 residents). So probably conditions are comparable to what to expect in Maun, even if I've not been there yet. What I would like to say is that the main reason why somebody should move for a job like this is for the love of flying in this way, not because you want to jump on the RHS of an airliner as soon as possible. If you see bush flying just as a means of logging time for the interview with an airline, you're not going to enjoy what you're doing at all, probably you'll hate it and maybe you won't last long. I, and I assume most of the people working in the african bush, are working in this way for the love of it, even if often you suffer for the conditions of living, a bit of homesickness etc. Bush flying is not the only way to "build time", there is also instructing, meat bombing and so on if you don't want to move from Europe. I can only agree with what Desert Strip Basher said. IMHO.