PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2008, 00:41
DannyTanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it’s been a while since I've posted on this thread, but I figured I'd drop a little opinion on what a couple of y'all have posted.

First of all, I took a trip as well to see this place first hand. Waitor will probably agree it's a great group of people and a very interesting town to consider living in for a few years. Hope you've had experience living in desert conditions...cause Mauns got more sand and donkeys than most of you guys have probably ever seen. There's my negative on what I got a chance to see.

Now take this from a 'furloughed' airline pilot. You can sit back and ponder upon what type of hours the airline interviews are looking for, what type plane you need to 'build' time in, but none of that really means squat. Let me put a rather large rumor to rest. When you interview, YOU ARE SELLING YOURSELF, not your resume, not your ability to fly. You are selling them on your personality and ability to get along; and for lack of a better word, entertain your interviewers. I mean realistically you got the interview based on meeting the airlines minimum requirements.

You guys sometimes can't see the forest for the trees. With the world economy being in the dump right now, there are fewer jobs in the industry. Meaning more competitive. So, when it really comes down to it, TIME is just something you need. Not specific type of time.

Just pick a place you can enjoy spending a few years, that's the only advice I can give you. Don't work at a place because you HOPE you can get into a certain plane. Just work at a place you'll enjoy living, the people you work with, and have a good time.

I've been offered a position and I'll be returning soon, to spend my couple of years on furlough from the airline flying a plane again. Thank God they still make planes that don't have a "You're Useless" button (AP).

Hope the best for you all, and for those of you that put your money where your mouth is...be good to see y'all down there!