PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lankan Air Lines Instructors
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 21:02
AKAFresh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tropaco and FlyMeToTheStars,

Well its about time somebody finally spoke up about the constant negative comments targeted at the national airline and its pilots. Well done to you sir! We all know that Sri Lanka as a whole has been and is still being ruined by greedy individuals who think only of themselves and those close to them. Corruption, greed and favoring people through contacts as apposed to individual capabilities and skill alone is all too common but its a fact of life and as a developing country something we will have to over come to truly grow as a nation. The industry we work in is common to the practice of 'contacts' just look at the job market. However this happens not only in Sri Lanka but many countries all over the world.

Everytime I read a thread about Sri Lankan airlines on pprune its constantly filled with negative comments on how bad the situation is and personal attacks on individual management members or pilots. Its like a plague! With the moderators having to step in closing threads and banning people.

I sympathise heavily with the difficulties faced by pilots in the airline alot down to the bad individual apples in the company but lets try and talk about it in a professional way instead of the rubbish talk we are all becoming too used to seeing in a thread with the word Sri Lankan in the title!! If you have nothing good/constructive to say then don't say anything!

There's no surprise why the airline is not going anywhere its constantly talked about in a negative way. We have had some great years as an airline and many great pilots to show for it. Many expats who have worked for the airline have had good things to say but the few people on pprune who comment on the Sri Lankan threads just seem to use it as a hobby to slate the airline and its workforce.

Get a grip! If you are Sri Lankan then have some professionalism about the way you talk. Even if what you say is true no one will respect you or your comments with the way you talk and post.

Don't get me wrong I know the airline has got a long way to go and there are many issues to resolve the same goes for many things in the country but we are not alone in the fight to make a successful national airline, many countries are fighting this battle.

Like Tropaco and FlyMeToTheStars said get your head down and work hard to do your part! There are many ways to make this airline successful (apart from go on about getting rid of bad apples in the company, especially because we don't have control over such things), what we must do is focus on what we as individuals can do to make the airline work and grow and have pride in our jobs and the national airline. It is after all by choice we are all here and there are many that would love to be doing it.

Good Luck to all those trying to make Sri Lankan airlines a world class airline.

AkA.

Last edited by AKAFresh; 12th Dec 2008 at 21:17.