PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Green PR/SFO Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 18:17
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's an idea. How about someone grasp the nettle and actually be an innovator: I have long been told that airlines put the people on the plane, fly to the destination, then hold and accept a previously known delay (and associated cost) because "that's what the punter wants". I can fully understand the desire to 'get underway'. But how about someone actually tries an innovation- INFORM the punters? Personally, if I KNEW that I could take the delay on the ground pre-departure, either in the lounge or on the aircraft, and then have no holding at arrival, I would be happy. In fact, premium pax may even prefer to sit in the lounge and do some work/drink/get "massaged" etc. and would appreciate the info and time management options such a system may offer?

Maybe if someone, somewhere, started treating people like they had half a brain, they may start acting like it. Maybe we could move on from the mentality that engenders pax to leap from their seats as the aircraft taxis in so that they can rush off as quickly as possible and stand at the baggage carousel. To wait, yet again.

It's not like the technology isnt available. Maybe $150 oil for a bit longer might have forced such innovation? Maybe we ARE just too stupid to help ourselves?