PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer
Thread: BA Cityflyer
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 14:57
Flatspin_Fumble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is sad about Flightline, but I would very surprised if this has any bearing upon a major commercial investment by British Airways for their wholly owned subsiduary at EDI and LCY. If the announcement, was rumored, to be announced, last week, or the week before, or indeed this week, the fact that Flightline has gone belly up, I would suggest has little to do with it and if Cityflyer are about to operate EMB 170's or 190's this decision would have been taken some time ago. I would have thought the last thing BACF would need right now, is to acquire more 146's or RJ's call them what you will they are much the same to travel in - they need modern, fuel effeicent aircraft, with passenger appeal...... perhaps,as Dutchbird says, it would be a nice Christmas present for all if BA were to announce their decision next week, to reinvest in the rumored 170's etc, and as I said in some previous posts, I really hope it happens for all those guys at Cityflyer. We live in interesting times - may the best for all occur.