PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 12/12/'91 To 12/12/'08...How Far Have We Come??
Old 12th Dec 2008, 07:32
sms777

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C'mon Griffo, you could have waited another 3 years to make it a more remarkable date to remember.
I was a puppy back on the 12/12/91 but i have cried when they slammed the door in my face at the Bankstown briefing office. I never forget the empty feeling in my heart when i stood there with my flight plan in my hand waiting for some friendly face to look at it, frown, and simply throw it in the nearest bin and help me to do it right.
Do you know what?... I still have the same feeling today because nothing has changed despite all the new gadgets to help us making our life more comfortable...
No computers or simulated voice messages will ever replace you guys with your seasond knowledge and face to face conduct to help us fledging aviators to achive our dream and help keeping our skies safe.
As for our future...I guess it is all up to us because if we wait for our politicians to make it better for us... Well...we better start our campaign by sponsoring someone who has at least half an idea about aviation.

( Sorry Dick, you have had your chance )