PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Green PR/SFO Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2008, 02:43
BlueSkye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have said this before and I will say it again.

...antiquated procedures in UAE..
Come now Gulf News, you all arrive at the same time at the same spot and then stand flabbergasted when you have to hold for twenty minutes or be vectored for "150 miles". And it's not as if you get surprised by it. It happens every night at twelve and every morning at five. So why not ask your airline to amend the schedules so as to avoid this. Space them out over a three hour period instead of an hour and a half. If "hub-and-spoke" is the response then you must suffer the consequences.

Same goes for the departures. Ask your management to allow a slot system to be introduced at DXB. Think about it, less taxi time, less waiting at the holding point, optimum cruising levels after departure. But mention the "F" or "S" word to anybody at EK management and you are in a world of $hit.

As I have said before on this forum, EK can only blame themselves for their misery. EK must get rid of their own antiquated procedures before it starts pointing fingers at other agencies' shortcomings.

Please don't take this as a personal attack but rather an attack on the system, which unfortunately is being perpetuated by Emirates Airlines itself.

Structured flow management won't solve everything but it's a step in the right direction.

P.S.
"F" = Flow control and "S" = Slots