PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Night 57 Squadron lost a Canberra
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2008, 13:16
Beeayeate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was at Gutersloh where 57 Sqdn was stationed along with . . .
Once again, 57 Sqn with Canberras were UK based only - from May 53 to Dec 57 at Conningsby, Cotty, Honington and back to Conningsby. No Germany tour at all!
I have no knowledge of the subsequent fate of XH203 and accept your version but I do know where it was on 15th October 1957. I was there.
XH203 was diverted off build contract and went the the Indian Air Force. I guess you mean XH204.
I would have thought the provision of the name of the Squadron, the type and serial number of the aircraft, the precise date of the incident may have caused you to check it out.
You have provided the wrong sqn number (in two posts) and a suspect serial number. The precise date is accepted of course and I'm sure your recall of the event is somewhat correct, but you may get a better response if your surrounding facts are right. The sqn would have been (if anything) 59 Sqn. I asked about this incident of a couple of ex-59ers I know but they couldn't recall the story. Mind you it was before their time on the sqn ('59-'61).