PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STN Security declares war on pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2008, 12:01
cessna24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on shift the morning it happened. I never went over to look cause i did not want to give the protesters the satisfaction of a crowd. But what does annoy me is the constant hassel when going through sercurity. We as engineers and pilots have the most access to the aircraft and yet it seems we are the ones that get penalised for our jobs. They study your lunch box, touch you up as though you are joe average. If the CAA trusts us with aircraft while do we have to prove it to security personnel. I understand that we need ID to access and thats not a problem but when half the way down the road, potentially dangerous people are maybe putting peoples lives at risk, where are the sercuity guards. Maybe BAA you need to let us engineers and pilots do our jobs and get the so called security to start doing theres!! Securing the airfield, not stopping us licenced personnel from getting on the airfield. Next time ill just go the way the portesters went, seems an easier way of getting on the airfield!!