PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA Fees Consultation
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2008, 20:20
Captain Universe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA Proposed Fees

I dont normally get over involved with PPRune but I hope that today many will read and digest my comments. AND ACT.

I am Glenn Curtis and I run a small AOC operation, the CAA Proposed fees will put untold pressure on ALL Helicopter operators if imposed and we have one last chance to voice our opinions, we have until this Friday (12th December) at the latest to make comment, after that it will be too late. Please do not waste time criticising the CAA, the BHAB or any other organisation, your time on this occasion will be far better spent if you simply take 10 minutes out of your day to log onto the CAA website and voice your concerns. It is simple, quick and may just have an effect. If everyone who makes a comment on Rotorheads makes a comment on the CAA site then it has to be noted as to how concerned we are. We need to get the numbers up. NOW.

Better still tell or ask everyone in your work environment to log on to the CAA site and voice their opinion, it concerns us all. If AOC operators start to go out of business due to these escalating costs then ultimately this will have a knock on effect to Flying Schools, Maintenance facilities, Pilots, Ops Staff, Flight Training Students and even the Hangar/Aircraft Cleaner. Get the Secretary, Student, Trainee CPL's, Tech Records Staff, EVERYONE to log on NOW and voice an opinion. Crash the ruddy site if we can. Talk to everyone you can in the next 24 hours and get them thinking and logging on to the CAA.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not let this last opportunity slip, do not leave it to others, do not think it will go away, do not think it has nothing to do with you. Be bothered and ACT NOW PLEASE.

Thanks & Good Luck.