PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2008, 16:20
waiterpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't think of a titleage.

Trust me, when I started this thread I had no idea what horrors I had unleashed on the world - I just wanted the answer to my questions! I wouldn't say I've done any damage though, just shot myself in the foot perhaps. I think this is more than made up by the sheer amount of information that has been exchanged between those wanting to go and those there/been - plus this will be available to anyone in the future. Even then, unless you have been to the area, you can't imagine what it is like to live there (and I don't mean that in a bad way).

I like to help people out (incidentally hence my website www.profpilot.co.uk . I'll just casually throw that in there) and if that means a couple of extra people to battle for jobs so be it. I can assure you, a few months in Maun is better than serving trout.

I'm quite looking forward to actually meeting the people behind the usernames.

Vilasy: One of the fellow wannabes who was in Maun while I was, drove up from Cape Town, which must have been nearly as thrilling as donkey spotting. I think that if you can be arsed, it would be a good idea to drive up just because everywhere in Maun is too far to walk to in the heat, and the combis, while cheap and.... 'snug', can be a little sporadic. Taxis = £££. I think you can get all the way to Maun on tarmac roads - so at least your suspension will be kept happy.