PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying Club and HAC
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2008, 09:49
Squawk7143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not get to the AGM either, too far to go late on a Sunday. The statement on the HAC website from the Chairperson of HAC did not elaborate beyond what they had previously stated.

I have however seen some more detailed info now and I have not changed my mind regarding HFS. Like others on this thread and I believe many current HAC members, I joined because I was told to when I was a student. I go there to use the aircraft which belong to HFS. I go there because I enjoy flying in a congenial atmosphere.

In terms of the clause used by the committee, yes I understand that they were legally empowered to use it. However, the AGM was only 2 weeks away and in my view the issues were too serious and the impact too far reaching for a committee to act without member consultation. They had a golden opportunity to consult the membership and gain support for their case and they chose to act in haste rather than do so. So in my view the spirit of the constitution was ignored and the letter of the law used with undue haste. That alone in my view is reason to have concerns.

For my part I will not renew my HAC memebrship and I will continue to fly HFS aircraft ( I am not a student). In my view HAC's actions have done nothing to promote the founding principle of the club constitution.. to promote flying in the highlands.

I think it is for the best that both parties have gone their separate ways since it is clear that there are two distinct cultures present that appear to be incompatible.

As for a new FTO, ihmo Inverness does not need a new FTO, it has one. However the Highland Aero Club members do need a club aircraft to fly.

I hope once the dust settles that we can all get along without cutting each other up at Foxtrot.