PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airvan
Thread: Airvan
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2008, 00:38
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended seat tracks for pilot seat is available to provide additional 2 1/2 inches of leg room. This assists with comfort. Airframe mod is required.

Airconditioning is available.

12 inch square camera port is available os approved option. about 20 airvans are in use world wide in photography, scanning and imaging.

Turbo-charged version now available for high alt work where improved heater is more important that A/C

I have sat for up to 16 hours a day on ferry flights and find seats no worse than many others, but I am 5' 7" so fit the anthropomophic profile that actually fits the seat. I also sit on a little thin extra cushion that helps.

Have never found the ventilation for pilot particularly bad especially since the extra overhead cabin duct was installed long ago with the additional 'back of the neck' vent and 2 speed booster fan. maybe some of you guys are flying early SN acft and the boss has not upgraded cabin/cockpit ventilation to current spec. I have not only flown in Nth Aus but also Indonesia, Malaysia, PNG, Timor, India and Central America and this has not been such a big issue as it seems here, but as I say , it has been improved from the earlier ones.

Gorstar, PM me if you have specific questions as I have a fair few hours on this type.

HD

Last edited by HarleyD; 10th Dec 2008 at 00:42. Reason: punctuation and stuff about extended seat tracks.