PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 9th Dec 2008, 19:33
Flying Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurrendous volume's of debt being built up by people who could never pay it back is a major contributor to this situation, we all know that. Your guy's are all right...no one made them take the debt on, they're all adults and they should have known better. But if I may play devil's advocate for a minute.....since Gordon Brown got his hands on the UK economy in 1997 he has raised and introduced over 100 new taxes which has had a big impact on people, especially lower income families. i.e the people who are now in mountains of debt that cannot be paid back. The vast majority of the borrowed money has been spent on material stuff such as fancy holidays, plasma TV's, new cars other luxuries that people really couldnt afford in the first place. But rather than the banks and credit card companies being responsible in their lending they took advantage of people's situation and rammed store cards and cheap loans down our throats. Is it really any wonder that we're in this situation.

Guys/Girls I really don't mean this to come across as if I'm getting up on a political soap box, I'M HONESTLY NOT! I just think that there is a reason for people splashing out and getting into this situation. I see so so much in the media and on here about people spending too much that's the reason we're in this mess.....but has anyone stopped an thought, what made people go out and splash out on a few luxuries in the first place????Perhaps because they were fed up of being taxed to death???

Food for thought! As said above this really isnt an invitation for a debate on political views and before someone shoots me down just think about the last time you were pissed off, thought f**k it and went and splashed out on something you couldnt really afford but your mastercard could.....

FS (now with a tin hat on)