PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2008, 16:37
waiterpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hireage

Jobs going throughout the year (but I don't think that many going June-August). Heard of some people getting hired in May last year, so you might as well try your luck.

Looks like the lack of tourists this season will be more than made up by the number of pilots looking for work!

chillbill:
1) There are internet cafes including one right across the road from the airport, so you don't REALLY need one. You'd either have to lug it around everywhere with you (which I am not sure would be pleasant in the heat) or leave it in your tent (which isn't exactly fort knox. Plus meltage could ensue).

2) Jeans not so much (hot!) bring lots of shorts. You don't need to go suited and booted it's quite informal.

3) I don't really know about this one. When I went I didn't bother, but it wasn't the major mosquito season yet. Also malaria can manifest itself after a month so I could yet get it. If this is my final post, you will have your answer.

4) Sedia hotel is a hotel, strangely enough; (www.sedia-hotel.com). Also you can get tents at Audi (the wannabe pilot's ghetto needs to stick together!) which are large enough to stand up in and have their own beds with matresses (which I stared jealously at most days). You still have to use the communal la Salle de Beetles though.

5) Donkey spotting. Which is thrilling.

6) Are/When you going?