PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highland Flying Club and HAC
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2008, 11:16
140KIAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im a very satisfied past customer of HFS. At the time I was rather envious of the apparent close relationship between HFS and HAC. Just shows things are never quite as they seem.

I was under the impression that in order to undertake flight training, it was legal requirement to be a member of a flying club ?

Hence why many commercial flying schools have psuedo flying clubs attached to them. This is certainly the case at my flying school/club where the constitution states :

"The proprietor of the Club is XXXX Limited. All the property of the Club is vested in the said Company and all entrance fees, subscriptions, charges for tuition in flying and other payments of the said Company. The Company shall have the complete management and control of the Club, and shall be soley responsible for the employment of staff, the provision of Club buildings, and of all things necessary for carrying on the Club to such persons of Companies as they may think fit.

Except as in these Rules otherwise provided, the Company shall have entire control over all matters of finance in connection with the Club, and shall fix and may from time to time vary the amount of any Entrance Fee, the rate of subscription, the number of Members, the conditions of Membership, the scale of all charges and the admission of Private Owner Members"

There is of course a Committee elected by the membership however it seems to have very little teeth and perhaps exists primarily to satisfy and legal requirements.