PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2008, 12:54
Csanad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desert Strip Basher

In advance, please xcuse my horrific english prose and the pathetics in this post

I think that there are more guys on this forum than those who will actually take their stuff and head to Maun.

me personally will get either to Maun either to Windhoek as soon as I have my hours and rating licenses.

I'm no dreamer but if u lived in eastern europe with the same flight training fees as in the western part of europe but with far less incomes you'd have no illusions. working your guts out just to fly a bit and build some hours - besides having to pay a load of other stuffs - you'll become hell of a relistic guy. instructing said somebody... well, you need more than 400 hours for that kinda stuff, and there is no job guarantee.

I really read what Der absolute Hammer posted here earlier (also I quoted him on my website), and I agree with you DSB, but I've seen all available pictures on the net, I've seen the satellite images on google earth. I looked after guys who lived in Bots, called the consulate, tried to acquire all necessary information.
Yepp, ol' donkeytown isn't downtown New York, not even downtown Nyíregyháza (badass Hungarian city), but it could be the center of the world for some dedicated guys.

so for me Maun is like light at the end of the tunnel, which I never hoped to really see, but was too fanatic to confess it to myself. and I know that it is the place where I must go and try to find a flyin' job, 'cos if not I'm going to regret it my hole life (there's going to be that what if)

good luck to you all.
take care, and my mom told me to fly low and slow