PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 15:08
waiterpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed

Thanks Desert Strip Basher, I actually was just starting to think this thread was getting a little too idyllic. I'm all for a more positive pprune (looking at the wannabe's employment section everyone is suicidal), but we still need to have our feet on the floor.

As for destroying the sense of adventure, I am just trying to help - I got a number of PM's asking a range of questions so rather than answer all of them individually I tried to vomit all the info up on the thread. My very first paragraph on the first post says
I know it isn't really part of the adventure spirit meticulously getting every grain of information I possibly can before I go, but it is a big decision for me and I want to know what I might be getting myself into!
I'm just trying to help people know what they are getting themselves into, and yes I know it's a little happy happy but that is because I had such a good time! Please be aware guys I was only there for a week, and don't really know how it works.

Don't worry - it takes far more than somebody keeping me in check to annoy me. You will be pleased to know you won't be feeling my immense wrath (and if you are one of the guys out there at the moment who met me you will know how terrifying THAT would be)

I suppose I good way to end this post would be... keep it real!