PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetliner Flies Directly Over White House
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2002, 03:31
Ensign invincible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to me there are two possible personality types for 411a.

One, the sky is falling we are all going to die and we should hide in the closet. If this is you I would suggest a looooong walk and carefull consideration of the idea that it does not make sense to shut down every operation that entails risk. This would include all of commercial aviation. I might remind you that we still fly directly over the top of manhatten without restriction. Quite frankly the prohhibitions on flight over the U.S. capital have always struck me as elitist and over protectionistic. If we must have greater security for any airport aren't we really saying that the security is lacking for everyone else? Either we secure our airways for the entire country or we don't.
Two, you work for the big blue airline that hubs out of IAD and see every departure out of DCA as a threat to your companies monopolistic marketing practices. In this case I say to you a hearty f--k you.

I really would like to know if you have a reasoned explanation for why we should shut down DCA when it is a perfectly servicable facility that generates untold dollars for the economy.