PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Students Employment Success
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 08:28
MikeAlphaBravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really depends on what you CAN do. If you have no financial limitations then make your life easier and go integrated. I did not have the option due to family commitments and financial budget so modular was the only way for me. However, modular can be as good or bad as you make it. If you put some thought into the structure of your training, and consistantly perform well throughout, there is no reason why your modular ATPL(f) is not every bit as valuable as one achieved at an integrated school. You can actually get more credit at interview for taking a tougher route to your license... For example, if you have done your training alongside a full time job and a wife and kids, the guy / gal interviewing you will be in no doubt as to your commitment....
It really is a question of personal choice, in my opinion, neither is generically better, it is what you make of it. My experiences at airline interviews suggest that the potential employer is more interested about you as a person fitting into their company. You will prove your flying ability in the sim.
With regards SFC, its a good place and CD does have links to RYR, hence the numbers of students going there. However, dont limit your options to RYR. Concentrate on getting your license then worry about who to work for. The truth is that the biggest factor that will decide whether or not you get a job will not be where you trained but the state of the job market at that time.
The most important thing is that your training will be no doubt one of the most stressful times in your life, but at the same time one of the most rewarding. The flying you will do is probably the best of your whole career, depending on which path your career takes you and you should above anything else ENJOY IT!!!! After all, its costing you quite a lot of money!!
The other thing pilots should not loose sight of is that even though this industry makes us feel the need to beg for employment, you are actually doing a job for them earning the company a lot of money. They need you as much as you need them.
Whatever you choose, good luck
MAB