PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice for new ferry pilot
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 05:47
Super G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Advice for new ferry pilot

Hello All,

I am helping to ferry a Trilander from Greece to the South Pacific in January and have been tasked with organising all the admin, approvals, waivers etc etc for the flight.

The route will take us over or into Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Oman, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and then through Oz to the SP.

Has anyone here flown a GA machine through any of these countries and can offer advice on how best to get everything achieved? Any other sundry advice or helpful tips on successful ferry flying will be gratefully received.

Also,tip on good reasonably priced hotels near to the airport in the following cities will be very well received : Haifa, Oman, Muscat, Hydrabad (Ahmedabad), Calcutta, Phuket, Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur, Joho Bahru, and Bali.

I draw on the massive amount of collective experience that exists here and would appreciate any information you could offer no matter how small. I have been trawling through all the civil aviation sites for all the information I can gather but some of them have no info whatsoever for proposed ferry flights and have not responded when I've sent them an email enquiry.

Cheers, G