PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Students Employment Success
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 02:59
bajadj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea, especially as I'm a modular student myself!! but i would presume there are more modular trained guys than integrated purely due to more people training the modular route than the integrated way. If it's a ratio your after my best guess would be that there will be a greater drop out rate of mods than ints as if you jack it in at any stage on a modular course it's easier to cut your loses than if you've paid 63k up front.

The reason i would advocate modular at the moment is you have the ability put your training on hold (like i have done) , and utilise the 3 years you are allowed between groundschool and completing cpl/ir thus minimising the risk of freshly qualifying when there are no jobs (ie now). Even if you started an integrated course tomorrow, there is no guarentee there will be any jobs in 15 months, with modular you can delay your training and try!!!! and come out when the job market is better.

Also learn from my mistake of thinking modular at an integrated school is a good compromise...it isn't. I did my groundschool at a well known integrated provider and definitely felt a second class citizen. Forunately being modular i have the chance to do the flight training somewhere else.

best of luck to you in whichever route you choose.