PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun 2008-2009 season
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2008, 00:07
ragdragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maun bound

Hello all,
Ive been lurking for a while and finally decided to post. I have decided to try my luck in Maun this season and have booked a flight to Johannesburg on Jan 7 as well as the Air Botswana flight onward to Maun.

From what Ive read Im a bit older than the average Botswana job seeker at 36 and maybe more experienced with 1800 hrs, 60 hrs TU206 time and an MEI, but I suspect with the hiring situation as bleak as it is in the States that there will be a few more high time pilots heading to Maun this year than seasons past. Id love to think my hours would give me a better shot at stepping into a Caravan position more quickly, but Im not too optimistic.

I think most of my questions have been answered already by previous posts, but I would love to hear more about the Sefofane interview if anyone has been through it already. Im surprised no one seems to have posted a gouge anywhere online yet. My instrument knowledge is a bit rusty but Im guessing they they dont focus so much on IFR stuff.

Cant wait to get there! Looking forward to running into some of you at Audi Camp and the local Pubs. Anyone else from the San Francisco Bay area going to be around?
-adam