PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIDO charts and manuals
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 17:28
manfred33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, but can you look charts up or other info from Jepps online? Everything from LIDO is available online, incuding training materials, etc... If I am missing a chart, etc... I can log in online and print any of that stuff out. If there is a symbol or a term I am not familiar with, I can look all that stuff up online. Yeah, there are definitely some things that are not correct or things that could be done better, for instance the SID/STAR descriptions being on a different page, although I am getting used to that and it does sorta make it easier to decipher the procedure- I take a look at the textual decription for setting the intial alttitude and heading/course and then keep the graphic page open for the flight.... But the color is definitely a bonus and there does seem like there is just a bit more info available on approach charts, etc... that negates the need to flip back and forth between pages, like runway length/width, un/grooved, appch light system, vasi/papi among other things. Pages are thicker though, so they do take up more space....