PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Students Employment Success
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 16:23
Flying Squid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Nashers! The eternal Int vs Mod debate lives on. When I organised my training in mid-2007 I was torn for months over which way to go until I spoke to a friend who fly's for RYR and mentioned the number of Oxford Int students being taken on at the same time as him...all of which had spent at least £30k more for their training to get the same job...and that was 4 years ago when the job's market was booming! That was a big nail in the Int coffin for me...the final straw came when I tried to quantify what I actually got for the extra dosh. I could only think of 2 things.....

1) Being able to say "I trained Integrated" and hence a very small chance of getting a job marginally faster.

2) Someone holding my hand and organising my training for me.....call me a synical bastard but I could employ a part time PA for a year for less than £10k to do that for me if it became such an issue (which I could never see it being in the first place)

In case you handn't guessed I'm a big fan of Modular but then I'm training Modular so am bound to be. If money was absolutely no object then I may say f**k it and just chuck the money at OAA for an integrated course but for 99% of people (very much including me ) money is a very big issue so Mod Mod Mod!!!!

Good Luck whatever you go with.

FS