PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular Students Employment Success
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 15:45
Nashers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i shall bite as well....

i did my MCC ant oxford a couple of months ago and we had someone from BA (pretty high up in the company) come up and give a speach to all the ofx students. me an my sim buddy went for it as well just to hear what he had to say.

to cut short what he said:
BA are not recruiting pilots from ofx at the mo, have stopped all interviews from them and dont know when they will restart.

BAs shareprices have gone down and shareholders are pissed off. they are trying to make shareholders happy.

BAs overheads are high and they are looking for ways to reduce them because they know they are beign killed out there.

ofcourse he said all the things to promote BA but if one reads between the lines the above is what your take from it. it will be quite a while as it seems they are restructuring the company and it will take aprox 2 years before they start taking students on again.

Now when you go to a place like oxf, they push the fact that BA take on their students. if you look on their website- more students go to ryanair than anywhere else. i know quite a few people who have gone modular and got jobs with ryanair... with BA putting a freeze one recruiting students, what are you going to get for that 30K extra?