PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 16:45
harrogate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a trading statement, for God's sake. Trading statements never go into broken-down figures about which part of the company is performing and which isn't.

The words 'significant improvements in trading performance were principally driven by Jet2.com' might give you an idea that the airline has had a hand, though.

I imagine the tredious nay sayers will be notable by their absence when the actual figures are released next year, in which it may show that Jet2 - heaven forbid - had made some good money.

The ill-informed 'logic' the detractors use by saying that 'it must be the haulage company that's carrying the airline then' just doesn't add up. If there's one industry under more pressure in the UK presently than the airline industry, it's the haulage industry.

For a company that has one foot in haulage and the other in the airline industry to be turning anything like a profit at the moment - let alone a very good one - is pretty darn good I'd say. Very good, in fact.

I only wish I'd bought some shares when they were down below 10p.

It doesn't take a genius to note that the more diverse operators are the ones turning in good results (i.e. the ones that aren't simply white bread low cost airlines), whereas those who've stuck to a basic point-to-point flight offering are suffering.

And to think of all the slagging the likes of Jet2 got from the armchair experts on here when they announced they were launching their own holiday company and were pushing towards more charters.

Come on, somebody allege that it's the Royal Mail contract that's carried Jet2 this year, then we'll have the full suite of tedious criticism.