PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security again...
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 11:33
Ladusvala

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Massey AvMan,

You write:
"I was meaning that food could be tampered with prior to arriving at the airport. Our cleaners and caterers enter in vehicles via the apron and get wanded for metals going onto the aircraft (US flights only) but still have access to their vehicles which are only searched on a very random basis so could be concealing anything!"

My question is: Then why not search the vehicles instead of cofiscating my water?

You also write:
"Again, put nailclippers in hold luggage, they are not required for the duration of your flight."

If you mean that pilots should check in their bagage for every flight thatīs impossible because very many times, pilots fly a round trip and then change aircraft during a ground stop of 30 minutes, thereīs no time to check in
bagage and retrieve it at the bagage area between flights.

Besides, if the nailclipper is in the hold luggage when a pilot goes through screening, who knows what he will do with the dangerous nailclipper once he is airside?

This thread should be merged with the already existing thread:
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/2...screening.html

I recommend that you read that, Massey AvMan, that way you will know a lot more about why pilots complain about todays security show.
Probably, you will find that most of your questions have been answered in that thread.