PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What IS the accepted security 'pat down' search pattern?
Old 4th Dec 2008, 11:02
Boss Raptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also just posted on a R&N thread
I work (landside usually) at an EU Eastern European capital city airport - I have just come back from seeing the head of security of the national border guard directorate who do passenger security at the terminal

Why?

Well I am (pax) security wise and security friendly I dont even wear a belt when going thru as a passenger and take my watch off and put it in my hand luggage etc. etc. - I am clean at LGW, LHR, PRG and on and on...

Consequently I almost never 'bleep/ and set the security machine off at any airport (as I have no metal on me) - the numb nuts at this particular airport have a policy of searching you quite rightly if the machine does 'beep'...and wait for it...also search you deliberately if you dont make it 'beep' as of course it must be wrong! (and associated long lines waiting to pass security as they end up searching everyone)

What the f!!k!?

Yes I regularly point out what a load of w!nkers they are and have finally vented/expressed my displeasure at the highest level!