PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of JAA PPL's in the U.S. A ???
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2002, 14:41
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnglishAl

I find it interesting that when something really really nasty happens (not an engine failure, though bad management of that has caused fatalities) on a two pilot plane, and the plane is lost. You get all these really experienced and old guys coming out and saying 'if only we had the FE still, we need three guys on the flight deck to handle real emergencies'. Now we can have one experienced guy and one person just out of nappies. Undoubtably the green JAA FO is a precision pilot, but sometimes it takes a lot more than that.

Hey Rowley. Before you can be moderator you have to have something interesting and useful to say. So as you haven;t done so yet how about starting now

At least www posts valuable stuff and doesn't appear to want to censor posts, which I assume would be your method. www just knows jack about the US and wants to tell us how to spend our money

WWW, if you want to do a great fly drive in the US then fly to LAX, rent a convertable mustang (red if possible) and on the first night drive like mad all the way to north California and Shasta. Spend the next week or two driving back down the Pacific Coast Highway to LA. Beats anything that Florida can offer, in my opinion.