PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 21:32
glazierflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have saved hard for three years to begin modular training part time. My target was to start that in 2009, but After everything that has unfolded over the last 12 months or so - will I stick to my plan? .....no fricken way - and I normally go about things on impulse, believing everthing will be fine.
My decision came about after some serious thought - and admitting to myself that I would be simply wasting my money, was very, very hard. After all, how dare a recession get in the way of my dream???
There will always be the odd low houred pilot getting through, and good luck to everyone - but im educated enough to work out that a market saturated with 2000 hr+ candidates is no place for a low hour wanabee.
WWW knows what he is talking about - I see the effects of this recession around me everyday, through my competitors and friends in the building trade, and it looks very uncertain. I believe his motives are only to help prevent younger wanabees making life difficult for themselves - he certainly confirmed points I was already concerned about.
However, good luck to all other wanabees - when it all boils down, we are only here for one reason. I will make the RHS one day - but its not the end of the world if I have to wait a bit longer!