PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 13:13
Rasco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm....

I just spoke with my examiner regarding my anamaloscopy. He told me that he just did a brief examination with the anamaloscope and not a full one. I told him that I understood what he was saying but I asked him if it was possible to hear my "score" and told him "I've heard that you should have something within 4 something-something". He answered that I was within the range, but that my score on the HW Lantern, which he said was the more imporant test, was so bad that I was nothing but color unsafe. The thing is that I didn't trust my eyes when I did the Holmes Wright lanterns. Stupid as I was, whenever I had a lantern with less hue, I within the 5 seconds tried to do the "I-know-the-for-me-almost-white-hue-should-be-light-green-but-someone-mentioned-on-PPRuNe-in-a-thread-that-white-looked-like-beige-no ****-that-is-really-white-Oscar-You-Stupid-****"-calculation. My color confidence is bad(thanks to all the people that say that I'm color blind). I should've trusted my eyes.

I didn't want to sound like I questioned the examiners competence, but he sounded a bit offended when I called him. He told me that he understood my dream of flying but that I should let this go and read medicine (I mentioned that becoming a doctor was my backup plan if I wasn't able to fly commercially).

Germany (or whatever other JAA-certified country) here I come!????
What's next...?