PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 08:48
Jonty

Received 18 Likes on 1 Post
JB007,

I think your referring to Kiss Flights, more info on that one here:

New Kiss boss Moss quashes Wyatt rumours - Travel Trade Gazette

Alot of FOs and Captains, for that mater, left TCX to join Zoom. When Zoom UK started the DFO was a senior TCX training captain.

TCX have been recruiting for next summer, between 30 to 50 FOs depending on the expected fleet size. However I think applications have now closed.

Guys, there is alot of uncertainty in the airlines at the moment as to how bad things are going to get, the media is full of negative stuff (just like this thread) but most airlines are showing bookings only slightly down. There are some basket case airlines, but there always was.

I think showing graphs like the Baltic index, house prices and oil just goes to show that we have seen an unsustainable bubble, we are now seeing an unsustainable trough. House prices will dip too low, oil and the Baltic index probably already have, they will all come back up. The economy of panic is not the real economy. The question is how long will it take.

Those in the financial services have been through a rough time, most have friends that have been made redundant or have been themselves, sentiment has been severely damaged. Its not surprising to see the key financial indicators reflect this.

I have no idea where things will end up, or how bad it will get. However I don't think it will get as bad as the indications show, just as it was never as good as the indications wanted it to be in 07/08.