PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas and RAAF pool pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 23:53
Selac66
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icarus,

I agree that if you could identify the 'SQNLDR 50' from the start then the rest of the slots could be filled with line drivers. This is not that easy when you consider that some bograts don't know what they want to do after lunch let alone after their ROSO is up, some die or become similarly mortally challenged, some will make the best CO since Guy Gibson in their own minds (or recruiting's) but can't deliver, some will change their minds. So, by necessity, a larger than necessary pool is thrown into the melting pot of bograthood with the hope that a ruggedly handsome, handlebar mustachioed, fire breathing, lead-from-the-front, benign dictator with a grasp of Equal Employment Opportunity legislation, Commanding Officer emerges from the fray. I have to say that they did and in some cases still do, exist but this mechanism is not in good working order today. Isn't one of the ideas of ADFA to identify this cream of future leaders? Ask those boys today what they're doing when their time is up.

By the way, backhand insults, disguised as banter, directed towards the guys who are still in only depresses the dedicated and makes the d1ckheads look around for who the dead wood could be. i.e. makes the problem worse. It's one thing to be critical but I think the RAAF is worth saving as it has a proud history and an honorable purpose. Any suggestions?