PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 23:48
GeorgEGNT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gill Aviation Hanger + GA

Gill Aviation hangar was demolished earlier this year and a new building is being built which will be used by Newcastle College for their aviation engineering courses.
Flying school isn't going anywhere for a while, havent heard any plans from them to be moving, I doubt they will, because although Newcastle are re-generating the southside I don't think that includes new approns being built (Correct me if I'm wrong someone)
Also I'm sure that I read that as part of the re-generation the old terminal/wings bar is being turned into a visitors/enthusiasts centre? Good news if that is the case.

KNIEVEL77: I don't think any major international airport particularly likes general aviation getting in the way, but I'm quite annoyed Newcastle always seem to hold a grudge against the flying school. To be honest there isn't much choice in the north east for flying schools, apart from Durham Tees Valley. The school is doing well in terms of members numbers and lessons booked. Takes about 2 weeks to get a lesson in the diary now. So I think they'll be alright.