View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 18:37
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This year to date, I have observed

No of pax not strapped in on commencing take off roll = 0

No of CC not strapped in on commencing take off roll = 2

No of CC running to make seat whilst engines spooling up = 1

Now, would you like not reconsider your little rant?

PS: I am a businessman

Final 3, with all due respect, is it just me who thinks you have a very strong desire to put CC down?

Surely, as posted in other threads, you are "the nice business man pax". However, may i contradict you with regards to the above?

No of pax not strapped in on commencing take off roll = 0
Because CC have gone back to them and ensured that they ARE strapped in.

See above

No of CC running to make seat whilst engines spooling up = 1
Again, see above. Could i also add that CC are expected AND! are aware of the fact that they have to put pax's safety over theirs. Surely not right, as we do live in a very selfish society, but dedicated CC go by this rule. It is in our blood after 6 odd years of flying.

Some pax will always "go off on one" and it's the "CC's fault". Either it's because they are tired, they are delayed for a meeting, they are disturbed by some bad news they just received or they are simply mean, unmannered, disturbingly mean pax who make not only CC's life hell, but the girl's behind the Tesco's till, the aisle cleaners' in Boots or the charity raiser in the local mall.

Some people are like that. Unfortunately, there is nothing the CC (sticking to the subject) can do. We kinda have to put up/deal with it.

Going back to the subject the thread starter proposed, i have to say i refuse (deep down inside, but never show it like it is) to put up with rude pax. I can send a rude, obnoxious pax to hell with the sweetest smile on my face (JSL's attitude) without them even noticing it. The nicest you are to them, the more annoyed/wind up they get. Such a blissful feeling...

And to stress this one more time, no CC, worldwide, is being paid enough/or is on his/hers job description, to put up with these society rejects. And i say again, common sense won't cost a penny. But then again, some pax don't have the words "obnoxious pax" in their vocabulary.

Rgds,
ATS

PS: Don't get me started on the pax i had last night, who refused to stow his laptop bag from an emergency exit row for landing because "someone might steal it". And the fact that he called me his "servant" didn't help...