PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 18:05
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 172 Likes on 66 Posts
Clear Prop!! wrote:

On one side the 'experts' on this site were predicting oil at $200 by Xmas ..and, on the other oil price has no influence whatsoever!! (something which will be laughed at by Airlines which hedged).

Perhaps the Wannabes forum should get back to it's roots, and the wannabe 'experts' should leave their sometimes infantile interpretations of National press coverage where it belongs!

Anyone can regurgitate news coverage, but it would be a much more impressive member/moderator or whatever, who could point others in a positive direction towards the jobs which still exist or a plan to structure their training accordingly in a POSITIVE manner.

Which experts were those that predicted $200 oil? Wasn't me. Could you post a link back? My recollection is that the OPEC spokesmans comments on $200 oil was posted by someone. I was calling it a bubble and saying it was a sideshow long before it burst.

Of course oil price does matter. But some seemed to believe that the only cloud on the airline horizon was the price of crude rising. When in fact that was a minor headache.

What is infantile and where is regurgitation about showing how something like the Baltic Dry Index has fallen off a cliff? Or pointing to Japanese car sales returning to the dire years of the 1970's in their collapse?

You want me to point people in a positive manner as to job opportunities remaining and training plans that make sense.

There are no jobs. Don't train.

That's all I can honestly say.