PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude but not aggressive passengers
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 11:35
CornishFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was operating on a flight from London to Warsaw and when preparing the cabin for landing, an English-speaking Polish lad, her husband and their daughter were sat towards the rear and I politely asked the lady to strap her daughter onto her lap using the lap belt used for landing. The child had no form of discipline at all and was refusing to sit down properly to which the mother said "She won't sit down, look". I informed her that unless the child was correctly seated we would be unable to land but made a thing of it as if to say that she was unable to do anything about it. I finished securing the rest of my area and went back to the lady who had still got no further with getting her child to sit down properly. At this point I had to be a bit more assertive as we were getting very low so she reluctantly pulled the child onto her lap, kicking and screaming and we landed fine.

As we slowed down on the runway, I saw the child then in the aisle obviously totally unrestrained but still moving at around 40 knots so I obviously had to go back to the lady and tell her that her child needs to sit down until we stop completely. Again she made a huge fuss and refuse. At this point I then insisted that the child sit down and stay there until the seatbelt signs were released for her own safety as the mother seemed to have no grasp of the fact this was all for her daughter's safety and not just for her to have an easy life because of her ill-disciplined child. This time she got the message and the child was sat on her seat, again making a huge amount of noise.

During disembarkation, I was smiling at everyone and saying thank you, goodbye etc and even smiled at the lady who had caused so much trouble however instead of just getting off normally, she just looked at me and said, "You c*nt". I was totally shocked. My colleague who was with me at the door just looked at me and unfortunately, she wasn't the most calm of people and actually followed her down the steps and gave her a piece of her mind.

I just couldn't believe it. Because her daughter had no discipline and she just wanted to have an easy life, regardless of the safety of her daughter and the other passengers who also may have been injured, she felt it was necessary to abuse ME! Some people are just full of class!