PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rude but not aggressive passengers
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 10:20
ProM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rude but not aggressive passengers

There is the other thread about passengers so offensive they can/should be offloaded. What about the much lower level stuff. The sort who thinks that the cabin crew are there to wait on them personally and to hell with anyone else. They complain about the food, their seat, the IFE, other passengers using the reading light when they want to sleep, the temperature...

I think they are more common nearer the front than the back, but not exclusively

Now I fly a fair bit on various transatlantic runs and encounter such types every now and again. My inclination when they are giving CC a hard time is to say "Oh ffs just stop whinging and shut up". However I always restrain myself on the basis that saying anything (even something more tactful) would just make the situation worse and feel that the best I can do is offer a sympathetic smile to the CC.

However is this right? - would you want us to say anything (more tactful than my first choice) to help?

p.s. I am also always tempted to do stuff like turn their IFE to a rock station and on full volume while they are in the loo - but don't