PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2008, 22:20
Bula

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
There have been plenty of accidents involving both types: FBW or otherwise. It's useless and completely oblivious to endorse that one system is less falible then another.

silly silly silly......... I seem to recall many occassions where overspeed and stall warnings have occured at the same time on boeings and DC-9 leading to loss of life and liberty.

It's the ago old argument, and considering loss of control is now one of the biggest killers in aviation AHEAD of CFIT, I can't believe boeing still relies on a stick shaker for windshear recovery.... I cant believe Airbus doesn't allow the throttles to be firewalled (overboosted).....

PS Its the complication of the Airbus flight control systems which bambuzles people and that why people don't like it.. there is no off button. Just remember that if a protection is playing up, its good to know what computer drives what protection.

ELAC, SEC, FAC....... On the A320, if all goes to hell, the second AP is a great place to start, as the Flight envelope protection function on AP2 is driven through FMGS 2 via FAC 2 whose information is provided by ADIRS 2. How to turn the bus into a boeing in one foul swoop...

If that fails, in my misguided opinion (becasue it not written anywhere), both ELACs would be next, because with the AP disengaged the flight envelope protection is send from the FAC's directly to the ELACs..... so get rid of the ELACs. Ok where in ALTN Law, reduced protections, not quite a boeing but getting closer, but the trim is running away because of the static stability of reduced protections ... okokokokokok....... Turn off two ADIRS's to be in ALTN LAW no protections....... fffeeewww

Turning off the FAC might not work because if the computer thinks that the FACs are working fine, even if switched off, the envelope protection still works..... sssiiigggghhhh...... where is that circuit breaker?

its not confusing at all ........ or maybe I place the aircraft into the emergency elec config..... but do I really want to do that?

no, not confusing at all

Last edited by Bula; 2nd Dec 2008 at 00:20.