PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B76 Duchess spin testing
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2008, 21:57
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Haughtney:

Sunfish, thats just crap, he asked a simple question..how can YOU or ANYONE else tell from a few words typed onto a bulletin board what attitude..impression..inflection..or accent that question was asked in? quite bluntly..you cant.

Aerohooligan made a polite enquiry for information nothing more...
Some of you on these boards need to wind your heads in a bit in my opinion
I'd understand your point of view, but unfortunately as a parent I developed a certain level of cynicism about research of this kind by children, because it almost always led to:

"Dad, did you know you can (insert verb) to a (insert noun) and (insert outcome)?"

Unless one very firmly nipped in the bud any thought of (insert verb) to a (insert noun) the outcome was frequently tears.

Furthermore, such stories of the untold capacities of everyday objects, let alone aircraft, have a habit of getting both embellished and garbled as they get passed through generations, as this one has appeared to, until one day someone tests the advice, believing it''s veracity, with predictable results.

For the record, a quick check of the internet shows evidence that:

Beechcraft participated in an NASA test program on the spinning of light twins, using a Duchess. This is NOT THE SAME as certification testing.

The Light Airplane Pilots' Guide to ... - Google Book Search

To put it another way: "Don't even think about it!!!!!"