PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chimes Aviation Academy (CAA),
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2008, 04:55
rghosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL training in India Vs the US

Hi
I just feel if you are going to pay in INR for your fees, with the way the dollar has escalated in last 4 months, almost 30% dearer, its better to enrol for a course in INR becasue even if you have enrolled for a course for $35000 i.e. about 14 Lacs INR , todaythat same in INR is 30% mroe expensive i.e. toady at about 18.2 lacs!!!!, so do bear that in mind.alos recently many acdemies overseas have gone bankrupt. So while selecting your academy do look into the academy set-up (how many aircarfts, student to aircarft ratio, is it integrated, geographical location to enable flying round the year) , cost and economic condition. In India i feel Chimes Aviation Academy & IGRUA, both are quality institutes, do visit them before taking a decision.
Also for students planning to go overseas and then take a job in India , do add to your cost and time:-
1. Boarding lodging overseas and travel - a min of 4-5 lacs for a 10-12 months
2. never join in winter season, with bad wather you would hardly get any flying
3. Remember they will issue a JAA or FAA liecnse and you will ahve to come to India and get a DGCA license, typically a 6 month study and FAA/JA license needs to be renewed every 6 months so another trip!!!!
Review your options carefully and make a educated decision

Would be happy to clarify any other doubt